Stefan Molyneux looks at the rise of Bitcoin and discusses its history, mining, fees, altcoins, regulatory hypocrisy, worldwide awareness, comparisons to gold, anonymous transactions, possible government attacks and what the future holds for the decentralized cryptocurrency.
- 0:00 How the ruling class controls human livestock.
- 1:35 How Bitcoin works
- 8:47 What is money? Is Bitcoin money? (come on, what do you *think* the answer is? 🙂 )
- 15:04 Demographics
- 19:47 Why Bitcoin is better than predecessors
- 26:54 History (skip here to hear him say “Satoshi” funny)
- 28:50 Purchasing power of government-issued money going down
- 40:03 Bitcoin’s future popularity
- 42:15 Big Banks and Big Government hate Bitcoin!
- 45:00 Not anonymous by default but can be if you want it